Please follow these guidelines.
1. Essays should be submitted between December 18th, 2017 and January 21st, 2018. Essays must be postmarked by January 21st, 2018.
2. Essays may be submitted to: Michelle Fischbach, 14722 Old Lake Road, Paynesville, MN 56362
3. Essays must be double spaced and pages numbered.
4. Essays shall be 300 – 500 words in length.
5. If typed, use no smaller than 12 pt font.
6. Use a cover sheet that includes; full name, full mailing address, phone number, grade level, student date of birth, parent’s name and word count.
7. By submitting an entry the contestant and parent or guardian agree:
A. to allow National Right to Life to reprint the winning essay, and
B. that the essay is original, but not copyrighted.
8. Cite any sources used.
9. Please do not include artwork, pictures or plastic covers.
10. Please mail the essays, electronic submissions will only be accepted under special circumstances.
Essays will be read and judged on originality, content, and accuracy. Each judge will rank essays #1-#5. Essays ranked number 1, in a randomly selected group, will move to the second round. Essays may be grouped by region (West, Midwestern, Southern, and East) depending on the number of entries. The announcements will be made as soon as possible, but judging time depends on the number of entries received.