2013 National Right to Life
Pro-Life Essay Contest
Contest – Grades 10 – 12
Junior Essay Contest – Grades 7 – 9
First Prize -
Second Prize - $150
Third Prize - $100
(Prizes awarded in each level)
should address this question:
Why I am pro-life.
Please follow these
Essays should be submitted between December 17, 2012 and January 18,
2013. Essays must be postmarked by January 18, 2013.
2. Essays may be submitted to:
Michelle Fischbach, 416 Burr Street, Paynesville, MN 56362
Essays must be double spaced and pages numbered.
4. Essays shall be 300 - 500 words in length.
5. If typed, use no smaller than 12 Pt font.
6. Use a cover sheet that includes; full name, full address,
phone number, grade level, student date of birth, parent's name and
7. By submitting an entry the contestant and parent agree:
A. to allow National Right to Life to reprint the
winning essay, and
B. that the essay is original, but not copyrighted.
Cite any sources used.
9. Please do not include artwork, pictures or plastic covers.
10. Please mail the essays, electronic submissions will only
be accepted under special circumstances.
Essays will be read
and judged on originality, content, and accuracy. Each judge will
rank essays #1 - #5. Essays ranked number 1, in a randomly selected
group, will move to the second round. Essays may be grouped by
region (West, Midwestern, Southern, and East) depending on the
number of entries. The announcements will be made as soon as
possible but judging time depends on the numbers of entries
For more information please email Michelle Fischbach at
email@example.com, or visit the NRLC website at
www.nrlc.org under the "Special